Who are we?
1. Third Kind Games Limited is a registered company in England and Wales, United Kingdom.Registered address: The Old School, Holly Walk, Leamington Spa CV32 4JG Company Number:10449910. (referred to as " Third Kind Games" or "we" throughout this notice).
Purpose of this notice
2. Third Kind Games is committed to protecting the personal information of job applicants, by usingit properly in compliance with data privacy laws. In accordance with the General Data ProtectionRegulation (GDPR), Third Kind Games (the employer) has implemented this privacy notice to informprospective employees of our Company, of the types of data we process about them. This notice setsout the basis on which we collect, use and disclose the personal data of our job applicants, as well asyour rights in respect of such personal data.
Data Protection Principles
3. Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set ofcore principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that information is
processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We must always have a lawfulbasis to process personal data, as set out in data protection laws.
collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
processed only where it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for thepurposes of processing.
kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified orerased without delay .
kept only for the period necessary for processing. Information will not be kept longer thanit is needed and we will take reasonable steps to delete information when we no longer needit.
processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data.
What information do we collect?
4. We keep several categories of personal data on our prospective employees in order to carry outeffective and efficient recruitment processes. Specifically, we hold the following types of data:
personal details such as name, email address, home address and phone numbers
details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have
information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements
information gathered via the recruitment process such as entered into a CV or included in acover letter.
references from former employers.
How do we collect your personal information?
5. You provide data to us directly during the recruitment exercise. For example, data might becontained in application forms or CVs (including when these are sent to us as part of speculativeapplications or queries).
6. In some cases, we will collect data about you from third parties, such as employment agencies orformer employers when gathering references. We will seek information from third parties only once ajob offer has been made to you.
7. Should you be successful in your job application, we will gather further information from you, forexample, your bank details and next of kin details.
Why do we collect your data and how we use it?
8. The law on data protection allows us to process your data for certain reasons only. We have alegitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping recordsof the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process,assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job.
9. In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations. Forexample, we are required to check a successful applicant's eligibility to work in the UK beforeemployment starts. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defendagainst legal claims.
10. We will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment process of which you are apart.Sharing of information
11. Your information may be shared internally within the company for the purposes of the recruitmentprocess. This includes members of the HR team, interviewers and managers.
12. We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment issuccessful and an offer of employment is made.How long do we keep your data for?
13. We only keep your data for as long as we need it for, if your application is not successful and youhave not provided consent to keep your data for the purpose of future vacancies, we will keep yourdata for six months once the recruitment process ends.
14. At the end of that period, your data is deleted or destroyed (unless we need to retain it for longerto exercise or defend any legal claims).
15. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitmentprocess will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periodsfor which employee data is held will be provided to you in a separate privacy notice.Protecting your data
16. By law, we must use procedures and technology to secure personal information throughout theperiod that we hold or control it, from obtaining to destroying the information. We will use appropriatetechnical and organisational measures to keep personal data secure, and in particular to protectagainst unauthorised or unlawful processing.
only people who are authorised to use the information can access it
where possible, personal data is encrypted
Failure to Provide Data
17. You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to us during the recruitmentprocess. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process yourapplication, or be unable to fulfil our requirements for entering into a contract of employment with you.This could include being unable to offer you employment, or administer contractual benefits.
Use of automated decision-making
18. Automated decision-making means making decisions about you using no human involvement. Nodecision will be made about you solely on the basis of automated decision making (where a decisionis taken about you using an electronic system without human involvement).
19. As a data subject, you have a number of rights under data protection law.
to be informed about the data we hold on you and what we do with it
to access and obtain a copy of your data on request
to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the data we hold on you and for the correction to bemade promptly.
to require us to delete or stop processing your data
to restrict the processing of the data and limit the way that we use the data, in certaincircumstances.
to transfer the data we hold on you to another party.
to withdraw consent that you have previously provided, to our processing of your data at anytime.
20. If you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you have any questions about this notice thenplease contact email@example.com or send us recorded mail to:Data Protection Officer, Third Kind Games Limited , The Old School, Holly Walk, Leamington SpaCV32 4JG