Permanent / Fixed Term
Third Kind Games is a growing, independent game developer based in the heart of the Midlands games industry, Royal Leamington Spa.
The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans from the likes of Activision, Codemasters, Sony, Crytek, and many more. As a former Activision team they were responsible for critically acclaimed titles such as Guitar Hero Live and DJ Hero.
The business focuses on emerging technologies and greenfield projects. The team are dynamic, creative, fast moving, and able to explore new ground in an ever changing industry landscape.
The latest title in development is Blankos Block Party (www.blankos.com), a collectables game using block-chain technology, where the player can build their own worlds, create their own MMO gameplay, and blend their Blankos to create totally unique new characters.
As a Programmer, you will be responsible for developing features in all areas of the game client and server, and have a passion for gaming.
- You will be working with a highly experienced team on all areas of the game, both client and server.
- You will fully own complex systems through design and development, working closely with the game designers and other disciplines to realise their visions.
- You will play a key role in bug fixing and helping the team to deliver milestones.
- You will help to drive to our creative planning sessions, scrums, and retrospectives.
- You will play an active role in the mentoring and development of junior staff.
- You will be capable of working autonomously, gathering your own requirements and creating your own solutions.
- You will be highly knowledgeable in numerous areas of game programming.
- You will be capable of learning a new language or technology without guidance.
- You will stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry movements.
- You will enjoy working with a lot of different technologies, and have a keen desire to learn new ones.
- You will be motivated by creative freedom, ground-breaking challenges, and unknown territory.
- You will prefer a creative, open-thinking environment over one driven by specs and detailed requirements.
- You will have a passion and enthusiasm for working on a wide variety of tasks.
- You will be adept at communicating with colleagues and customers to work well as a team.
- 5+ years' industry experience and shipped at least 3 AAA titles.
- 5+ years' C++ or C# experience.
- Strong skills in Visual Studio and Perforce.
- Proven debugging and critical analysis skills.
- At least one shipped title on a modern console platform.
- Proven ability working in a team.
- (Desired) Experience with C# and Unity.
- (Desired) Experience with other engines such as Lumberyard and Unreal.
- (Desired) Experience with cloud services such as PlayFab and GameSparks.
- (Desired) Experience with mobile platforms.
- (Desired) Experience with modern console development.
Royal Leamington Spa is a well known hub for game development in the UK. It has become known as Silicon Spa for its booming population of game developers and businesses, and it has a rich history in game development dating back over 30 years. It is a beautiful spa town with great shopping, dining, and recreational spaces, situated close to Warwick, Shakespeare’s Stratford, and the Cotswolds.
The company has recently moved to a charming new office located directly in the centre of Royal Leamington Spa, just a 1 minute walk from the shops and cafes.
Applications, CVs and other personal details collected during the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the policy outlined in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice. Tick here to confirm that you have read and agree to this notice.