Permanent / Fixed Term
Third Kind Games is a growing, independent game developer based in the heart of the Midlands games industry, Royal Leamington Spa.
The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans from the likes of Activision, Codemasters, Sony, Crytek, and many more. As a former Activision team they were responsible for critically acclaimed titles such as Guitar Hero Live and DJ Hero.
The business focuses on emerging technologies and greenfield projects. The team are dynamic, creative, fast moving, and able to explore new ground in an ever changing industry landscape.
The latest title in development is Blankos Block Party (www.blankos.com), a collectables game using block-chain technology, where the player can build their own worlds, create their own MMO gameplay, and blend their Blankos to create totally unique new characters.
As a Producer, you will manage project development at all stages, working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver milestones using best practices, methods and tools to ensure high quality and timely delivery.
- You will work with project leads to define requirements and milestone deliverables.
- You will build and maintain project backlogs, roadmaps, schedules and documentation, and assist in the management of task and bug prioritisation.
- You will be expected to coordinate the work of cross-functional teams to manage feature development and content integration.
- You will facilitate communication and planning across internal project teams and external contacts and resources.
- You will be expected to ensure features and content follow established documentation and development workflows.
- You will assess and manage project risks, resource blockers, quality concerns and scope changes, and support in solving problems and resolving issues across the development team.
- You will be experienced in managing teams of 10+ developers.
- You will have the ability to create, track, and maintain schedules across multiple teams and/or projects.
- You will hold an understanding of development processes, project management, and agile methodologies.
- You will demonstrate strong organisational skills, attention to detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
- You will show an ability to keep team members working efficiently and effectively toward project goals.
- 2+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Proven ability working in a team.
- At least one shipped title on a modern console platform.
- Experienced with Jira for task management and bug tracking.
- (Desired) Experience working with Unity or a similar engine.
- (Desired) Knowledge of platform (PC, MS, Sony, Nintendo, etc) submission processes.
Royal Leamington Spa is a well known hub for game development in the UK. It has become known as Silicon Spa for its booming population of game developers and businesses, and it has a rich history in game development dating back over 30 years. It is a beautiful spa town with great shopping, dining, and recreational spaces, situated close to Warwick, Shakespeare’s Stratford, and the Cotswolds.
The company has recently moved to a charming new office located directly in the centre of Royal Leamington Spa, just a 1 minute walk from the shops and cafes.
Applications, CVs and other personal details collected during the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the policy outlined in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice. Tick here to confirm that you have read and agree to this notice.