Permanent / Fixed Term
Third Kind Games is a growing, independent game developer based in the heart of the Midlands games industry, Royal Leamington Spa.
The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans from the likes of Activision, Codemasters, Sony, Crytek, and many more. As a former Activision team they were responsible for critically acclaimed titles such as Guitar Hero Live and DJ Hero.
The business focuses on emerging technologies and greenfield projects. The team are dynamic, creative, fast moving, and able to explore new ground in an ever changing industry landscape.
The latest title in development is Blankos Block Party (www.blankos.com), a collectables game using block-chain technology, where the player can build their own worlds, create their own MMO gameplay, and blend their Blankos to create totally unique new characters.
We’re looking for an office administrator to manage the day to day operational needs of our fun, creative and growing studio in Leamington Spa.
- Welcoming guests to the studio and being the friendly face that represents Third Kind Games.
- Monitoring and organising stock of offices supplies, ordering replacements and taking in deliveries.
- Ensuring that the office is clean, tidy and well maintained, liaising with external contractors and the landlord as required.
- Helping to organise company events, arranging meetings, booking rooms, and planning refreshments.
- Maintaining the studio calendar with events and information.
- Clerical duties, including filing, answering phone calls, responding to emails and messages.
- Facilitating the growth of the studio by providing the required office facilities and infrastructure for new starters of the company.
- Arranging travel and accommodation for business trips.
- You have a strong passion for games and/or enjoy working in a creative environment.
- You have a passion and enthusiasm for working on a wide variety of tasks.
- You are self-organising and autonomous in your tasks and like to be busy.
- You have a desire to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities as you gain experience.
- You prefer a creative, open-thinking environment where your opinion and ideas matter.
- You take pride in organising things in a neat and professional way.
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role or a relevant University degree or further education qualification.
- Competency using computer software such as Microsoft Office and an ability to quickly learn cloud based tools such as Google Calendar and the Slack messaging tool.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent and competent verbal and written communication.
- Proven ability working in a team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Royal Leamington Spa is a well known hub for game development in the UK. It has become known as Silicon Spa for its booming population of game developers and businesses, and it has a rich history in game development dating back over 30 years. It is a beautiful spa town with great shopping, dining, and recreational spaces, situated close to Warwick, Shakespeare’s Stratford, and the Cotswolds.
The company has recently moved to a charming new office located directly in the centre of Royal Leamington Spa, just a 1 minute walk from the shops and cafes.
Applications, CVs and other personal details collected during the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the policy outlined in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice. Tick here to confirm that you have read and agree to this notice.