Permanent / Fixed Term
Third Kind Games is a growing, independent game developer based in the heart of the Midlands games industry, Royal Leamington Spa.
The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans from the likes of Activision, Codemasters, Sony, Crytek, and many more. As a former Activision team they were responsible for critically acclaimed titles such as Guitar Hero Live and DJ Hero.
The business focuses on emerging technologies and greenfield projects. The team are dynamic, creative, fast moving, and able to explore new ground in an ever changing industry landscape.
The latest title in development is Blankos Block Party (www.blankos.com), a collectables game using block-chain technology, where the player can build their own worlds, create their own MMO gameplay, and blend their Blankos to create totally unique new characters.
As an Experienced QA Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring that our games work as intended, are free of bugs and meet the high standard that we and fans expect.
- You will find, reproduce and effectively communicate issues within our games.
- You will work with our highly experienced team to assist in resolving highlighted issues.
- You will be expected to carry out comparative analysis of other relevant games, determining what makes them great, what can be learned from them and communicate this information to the team.
- You will make useful contributions to our creative planning sessions, scrums, and retrospectives and help us drive the development of the project and the team.
- You will have a strong passion for games, gameplay mechanics and other aspects of game design, as well as a good eye for detail.
- You will have good knowledge of testing methodologies, creation, and execution of test plans.
- You will stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry movements.
- You will hold an excellent knowledge and familiarity with a wide variety of games.
- You will be able to talk and write enthusiastically about video games, to provide constructive feedback.
- You will prefer a creative, open-thinking environment over one driven by specs and detailed requirements.
- You will have a passion and enthusiasm for working on a wide variety of tasks.
- 1+ years' experience in a similar role or a relevant University degree.
- 1+ years' experience working with Unity or a similar engine.
- Previous experience working with bug tracking software.
- Proven ability working in a team.
- Proven ability to write concise, well-written bug reports.
- (Desired) Knowledge of platform (PC, MS, Sony, Nintendo, etc) submission processes.
- (Desired) Knowledge of test automation.
Royal Leamington Spa is a well known hub for game development in the UK. It has become known as Silicon Spa for its booming population of game developers and businesses, and it has a rich history in game development dating back over 30 years. It is a beautiful spa town with great shopping, dining, and recreational spaces, situated close to Warwick, Shakespeare’s Stratford, and the Cotswolds.
The company has recently moved to a charming new office located directly in the centre of Royal Leamington Spa, just a 1 minute walk from the shops and cafes.
Applications, CVs and other personal details collected during the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the policy outlined in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice. Tick here to confirm that you have read and agree to this notice.