Permanent / Fixed Term
Third Kind Games is a growing, independent game developer based in the heart of the Midlands games industry, Royal Leamington Spa.
The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans from the likes of Activision, Codemasters, Sony, Crytek, and many more. As a former Activision team they were responsible for critically acclaimed titles such as Guitar Hero Live and DJ Hero.
The business focuses on emerging technologies and greenfield projects. The team are dynamic, creative, fast moving, and able to explore new ground in an ever changing industry landscape.
The latest title in development is Blankos Block Party (www.blankos.com), a collectables game using block-chain technology, where the player can build their own worlds, create their own MMO gameplay, and blend their Blankos to create totally unique new characters.
As a highly skilled and talented Concept Artist, you will be working as an integral member of the team, creating conceptual artwork to a high standard.
- You will be responsible for producing quick concepts for characters, environments and vehicle ideas as well as any other subjects which need to be explored through sketches and paintings.
- You will be working with an experienced team, creating innovative concept art. This will involve digital/traditional artwork as well as 3D paint-overs.
- You will work closely with the Art Director and Designers to explore various ways to obtain desired visual targets.
- You will make useful contributions to our creative planning sessions, scrums, and retrospectives and help us drive the development of the project and the team.
- You will be a hard working, self-motivated team player.
- You should be versatile in different art styles.
- You will be enthusiastic and respond positively to feedback.
- You will be motivated by creative freedom, ground-breaking challenges, and unknown territory.
- You will prefer a creative, open-thinking environment over one driven by specs and detailed requirements.
- You will have a passion and enthusiasm for creating innovative artwork.
- You will be adept at communicating with colleagues and customers to work well as a team.
- 2+ years' industry experience and shipped at least 1 AAA title.
- Strong traditional/digital drawing and painting skills.
- Proven ability working in a team.
- (Desired) Experience in 3D modelling.
- (Desired) Pitch/Marketing art production experience.
Royal Leamington Spa is a well known hub for game development in the UK. It has become known as Silicon Spa for its booming population of game developers and businesses, and it has a rich history in game development dating back over 30 years. It is a beautiful spa town with great shopping, dining, and recreational spaces, situated close to Warwick, Shakespeare’s Stratford, and the Cotswolds.
The company has recently moved to a charming new office located directly in the centre of Royal Leamington Spa, just a 1 minute walk from the shops and cafes.
Applications, CVs and other personal details collected during the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the policy outlined in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice. Tick here to confirm that you have read and agree to this notice.