Permanent / Fixed Term
Third Kind Games is a growing, independent game developer based in the heart of the Midlands games industry, Royal Leamington Spa.
The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans from the likes of Activision, Codemasters, Sony, Crytek, and many more. As a former Activision team they were responsible for critically acclaimed titles such as Guitar Hero Live and DJ Hero.
The business focuses on emerging technologies and greenfield projects. The team are dynamic, creative, fast moving, and able to explore new ground in an ever changing industry landscape.
The latest title in development is Blankos Block Party (www.blankos.com), a collectables game using block-chain technology, where the player can build their own worlds, create their own MMO gameplay, and blend their Blankos to create totally unique new characters.
As a Console Programmer, you will be responsible for porting and developing all areas of the game client on console platforms, and championing the game through console release.
- You will be responsible for porting all features of the game to console, adding platform features, and guiding the game through console submission cycles.
- You will be working with a highly experienced team on all areas of the game, both client and server.
- You will design, plan and develop high quality code systems, working closely with the other disciplines to ensure that the console versions of the game are the best they can be.
- You will play an active role in bug fixing and helping the team to deliver milestones.
- You will make useful contributions to our creative planning sessions, scrums, and retrospectives and help us drive the development of the project and the team.
- You will have a passion for console development and a technologically creative mindset.
- You will enjoy low level work such as performance optimisations and memory management.
- You will understand and enjoy the challenge of console submission requirements.
- You will stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry movements.
- You will enjoy working with a lot of different technologies, and have a keen desire to learn new ones.
- You will be motivated by creative freedom, ground-breaking challenges, and unknown territory.
- You will prefer a creative, open-thinking environment over one driven by specs and detailed requirements.
- You will have a passion and enthusiasm for working on a wide variety of tasks.
- You will be adept at communicating with colleagues and customers to work well as a team.
- 3+ years' industry experience and shipped at least 2 AAA console titles.
- 3+ years' C++ or C# experience.
- Strong skills in Visual Studio and Perforce.
- Proven debugging and critical analysis skills.
- Proven performance optimisation skills.
- Proven ability working in a team.
- Strong understanding of console submission requirements.
- Experience with Unity.
- (Desired) Experience with other engines such as Lumberyard and Unreal.
Royal Leamington Spa is a well known hub for game development in the UK. It has become known as Silicon Spa for its booming population of game developers and businesses, and it has a rich history in game development dating back over 30 years. It is a beautiful spa town with great shopping, dining, and recreational spaces, situated close to Warwick, Shakespeare’s Stratford, and the Cotswolds.
The company has recently moved to a charming new office located directly in the centre of Royal Leamington Spa, just a 1 minute walk from the shops and cafes.
Applications, CVs and other personal details collected during the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the policy outlined in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice. Tick here to confirm that you have read and agree to this notice.