Permanent / Fixed Term
Third Kind Games is a growing, independent game developer based in the heart of the Midlands games industry, Royal Leamington Spa.
The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans from the likes of Activision, Codemasters, Sony, Crytek, and many more. As a former Activision team they were responsible for critically acclaimed titles such as Guitar Hero Live and DJ Hero.
The business focuses on emerging technologies and greenfield projects. The team are dynamic, creative, fast moving, and able to explore new ground in an ever changing industry landscape.
The latest title in development is Blankos Block Party (www.blankos.com), a collectables game using block-chain technology, where the player can build their own worlds, create their own MMO gameplay, and blend their Blankos to create totally unique new characters.
As a talented Animator, you will be responsible for the rigging, skinning and animation of characters to a high standard. You will also have a passion for gaming.
- You will be working with a highly experienced team as an animator animating characters, character props and environment props.
- You will work independently in all areas of game animation.
- You will work closely with colleagues and customers to develop and deliver the desired visual target for the game.
- You will help to determine and implement art budgets and processes.
- You will make useful contributions to our creative planning sessions, scrums, and retrospectives and help us drive the development of the project and the team.
- You will be versatile in different art styles.
- You will stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry movements.
- You will be motivated by creative freedom, ground-breaking challenges, and unknown territory.
- You will prefer a creative, open-thinking environment over one driven by specs and detailed requirements.
- You will have a passion and enthusiasm for working on a wide variety of tasks.
- You will be adept at communicating with colleagues and customers to work well as a team.
- 2+ years' experience in animation for the games industry.
- 1+ years' experience with Maya.
- Proven ability working in a team.
- (Desired) Experience with Unity.
- (Desired) Experience in creating animation tools.
Royal Leamington Spa is a well known hub for game development in the UK. It has become known as Silicon Spa for its booming population of game developers and businesses, and it has a rich history in game development dating back over 30 years. It is a beautiful spa town with great shopping, dining, and recreational spaces, situated close to Warwick, Shakespeare’s Stratford, and the Cotswolds.
The company has recently moved to a charming new office located directly in the centre of Royal Leamington Spa, just a 1 minute walk from the shops and cafes.
Applications, CVs and other personal details collected during the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the policy outlined in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice. Tick here to confirm that you have read and agree to this notice.